The SITA tee in Navy
- Model wears Small. Her height: 5'8", Bust: 35", Hip: 35"
- Relaxed cut tee with twist front at high hip.
- Back is slightly longer than the front.
- For general sizing tips, see our size chart details.
- We offer free returns/exchanges for size swaps.
- 95% Organic Cotton, 5% Spandex.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Shrinkage is normal and minimal on the settings: Machine wash cold, Tumble dry low. To avoid shrinkage with this item, and all your cotton fabrics in general, do not put in the dryer.
I grew up in eastern Nepal and watched my mother's hardships. Before I was born, my mother was forced to get married with her aunt’s husband. There was a large age gap, so my father passed away when I was little. My mother faced lots of trouble to raise us. She worked as a housekeeper, but hardly managed to buy food for us. We relied on second hand clothing, and were just living day to day since it was impossible to go to school.
As the eldest daughter of my mother, I could understand all the suffering she has faced. So I decided to go to India for a job with my relatives. My mother wasn’t happy in my decision, but I wanted to wipe away her tears. While crossing the border, I was informed from KI Nepal of the risk of human trafficking in India. They suggested to me instead to join them in a safe home’s skill development training. I could then earn money safely in own country. KI Nepal saved me from the risk of becoming sold to labor or sex traffickers, and they helped me to be an independent woman.
In the beginning, while I got good food and clothing at safe home, I remembered my family and wondered if they had food too. I worked very hard and in some time, I completed the training for job skills like sewing. I now feel very happy with my life.
MADE WITH DIGNITY
Designed with purpose to provide meaningful employment for women recovered from sex trafficking. It was made in Nepal, one of the least developed countries in the world, which ranks high for trafficking. This design creates a bright future for the overcomer who made it.