The MIRA tee in Aqua Haze
- Model wears Small. Her height: 5'10", Bust: 34", Hip: 37"
- Fitted torso. Size up for a relaxed cut.
- Back is slightly longer than the front.
- For general sizing tips, see our size chart details.
- We offer free returns/exchanges for size swaps.
- 95% Organic Cotton, 5% Spandex.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Shrinkage is normal and minimal on the settings: Machine wash cold, Tumble dry low. To avoid shrinkage with this item, and all your cotton fabrics in general, do not put in the dryer.
I am Mira. I’m 19 years old. My mother gave birth to three daughters, but most of Nepal thinks girls have little or no worth. My father abandoned us and married another woman for a chance to conceive a son. My sisters and mom were neglected, even by our maternal family. Things got worse when Mom was nearly murdered by my uncle. Her wound from the stabbing made her body too weak to work hard. We depended on others to give us a place to live, but we were a burden to them. I didn’t go to school for many years. Instead, I worked a job to help us survive.
Some of my friends wanted to go to India. They told me to go with them to have a better life, and I was very hopeful of that. When I crossed the border, Our Daughters inquired with me. They helped me realize that going to India was a trap for sex trafficking. Our Daughters protected me and gave me skills to sew garments. I started taking classes for completion of Grade 8, and then was hired to work as a seamstress and make elegantees. I am very thankful for the chance to study and have a good job.
MADE WITH DIGNITY
Designed with purpose to provide meaningful employment for women recovered from sex trafficking. It was made in Nepal, one of the least developed countries in the world, which ranks high for trafficking. This design creates a bright future for the overcomer who made it.